The human body is one seriously complex and mysterious instrument that sometimes baffles even the most competent experts – doctors and scientists. How much we think we know about our body; it still holds so many secrets that are beyond our wildest imagination.
We at Epic universe compiled 21 fabulously interesting facts about our body that fascinated us.
Scroll down and we hope you find them captivating as we do. Enjoy!!
1. A tongue print is absolutely unique just like your fingerprint.
2. A single hair is strong enough to hold the weight of a hanging apple.
3. The quantity of bacteria in a person’s mouth is equal to the number of people living on Earth, or even more.
4. The speed of your sneeze is 160 km/h.
5. The speed of a brain impulse is approximately 400 km/h.
6. Most of us think that there are only four different blood types, but in fact, there are 29 subcategories! The rarest of them is known as the Bombay subtype, which is only found in a small group of families in Japan.
7. blood ‘runs’ the distance of 19,312 kilometers during a single day.
8. The entire span of all the nerves in the human body is 75 kilometers.
9. A human makes around 20,000 breaths per day.
10. Almost every person in the world have special bugs on their eyelashes called Demodex. Don’t worry they are harmless!
11. A human eye can differentiate up to 10 million different colors. Unfortunately, our brains can’t recollect all of them.
12. Our ears keep on growing nonstop throughout our lives with virtually incredible speed – a quarter of a millimeter per year to be precise
13. The human heart beats 35 million times a year.
14. On a single day, the human body loses about one million skin cells – that’s around 2 kilos worth skin every year.
15. 1 square centimeter of your skin contains around a hundred pain receptors.
16. Males have fewer taste buds on their tongues than females do.
17. A human consumes about 35 tons of food and drinks during their life.
18. An average human spends about five years of their life blinking.
19. 100,000 biochemical reactions happen every second inside our brains.
20. Soft and brittle nails without a moon, could indicate an overactive thyroid.
21. Smiling activates 17 muscles of the face while crying activates 43 of them. So why flex muscles in vain, keep on smiling!!