It’s not rocket science that if you don’t use a muscle it becomes weaker. Just like any other muscle, you need the muscles of your eyes and keep them in good working order. That’s why today we decided to put together a selection of 10 proven ways to keep your eyes in shape.
1. Avoid overstretching your eyes during the day by closing your eyes for a few minutes, and enjoy the peace once every 2-3 hours.
2. Try out these 16 simple yet effective exercises you can use to give your eyes a workout. Do them at least once every day in the order specified.
3. If you’re a person who wears glasses, try and reduce the time that you have them on as much as you can. Take them off more often.
4. Massage your eyes with gentle rotary motions. Go over points 1 to 6 as shown in the image below.
Use your middle and index fingers to gently press on your eyes. You will feel a slight pressure but not pain.
5. Go for a walk in the open air, try to look into the distance more often rather than focusing on what’s immediately in front of you.
6. Drink carrot juice as much as you can. (every day if possible)
For maximum benefit from this drink, add one or two drops of olive oil to it. It won’t spoil the taste, but it will help you absorb the essential vitamins and minerals in the carrot juice more efficiently.
7. If you feel like your eyes are stinging in the evening, you can use aloe vera juice instead of regular eye drops. However, we strongly recommend that you consult your doctor first before using this natural remedy as some people might show allergic reactions to aloe vera.
8. Every time your eyes feel tired, wash them with warm water or use a hot towel
9. Limit the time you spend staring at the screen of a computer, TV, or smartphone for at least 2 hours before going to bed.